Scientific Name : Salvia nemorosa
Common Name : Meadow Sage
Hardiness Zone : 4a - 9b
Hardiness Degree : 0°F (-18°C)
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Upright
Water : Medium
Fertilizer : Once a month
Spacing : 22 - 24" (56 - 61cm)
Height : 22 - 24" (56 - 61cm)
Width : 22 - 24" (56 - 61cm)
Exposure : Sun
General Information : Sturdy and mounding habit.
Idea & Tips : Best grown in full sun.
Prefers rich soils.
: Easy-to-grow, well-matched series in unique, eye-catching colors.
- Deeply toned buds and calyxes for longer garden color on Lyrical Blues, Rose and Silvertone.
- Silvertone is the first bicolor Salvia, featuring blue blooms with silver edges.
- Robust, well-branched plants with a manageable habit readily fill gallon containers.
- More flowers per container for extra show at retail.
- Excellent reblooming and heat tolerance.
Protection Information : PP23,310
Breeder : Darwin Perennials
EC 0.75-0.80 mmhos/pH 5.8-6.2
1,000 ppm IBA
50-75 ppm N at Day 7
A soft pinch will increase branching.
35-42 days after sticking
Nights: 45 to 55°F (7 to 13°C) Days: 55 to 65°F (13 to 18°C)
5,000 to 8,000
Beneficial; aids in bulking. Not required for flowering.
Day length neutral
Allow media to dry moderately between watering.
Use a balanced fertilizer at a rate of 150 to 200ppm.
PGRs generally not needed
White fly, spider mites, Botrytis
Unrooted: 13-15 wks Rooted: 8-10 wks
Unrooted: 15-17 wks Rooted: 10-12 wks
Unrooted: 17-19 wks Rooted: 12-14 wks
March to September
Download Culture Guide