Scientific Name : Brunnera macrophylla
Common Name : Great Forget-Me-Not
Hardiness Zone : 4a - 9a
Hardiness Degree : -25°F (-32°C)
Blooming Season : Spring
Plant Habit : Mounded
Characteristics : Attracts Bees, Water/Rain tolerant, Frost Tolerant, Rabbit Resistant, Deer Resistant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Water : Medium
Fertilizer : Once a month
Spacing : 15 - 18" (38 - 46cm)
Height : 6 - 9" (15 - 23cm)
Width : 13 - 16" (33 - 41cm)
Exposure : Shade
General Information : Low-maintenance Frostbite brings attractive silver foliage to the shade for years of enjoyment. Mixes seamlessly into a wide range of shade garden designs. Bright blue flowers are an extra bonus in Spring!
Idea & Tips : Plant in well-drained soil in a shaded location. Spent flowers may be removed to keep plants looking tidy. Fertilize Spring and Summer to keep plants healthy and actively growing. Remove old foliage in Fall or early Winter once plants have gone dormant.
: Perfect balance of silver-to-green foliage for shade gardens.
- This low-maintenance option for the shade offers a superior balance of silver and green foliage than competitors.
- Great late-season performer, holding its striking pattern with minimal browning.
- Heart-shaped leaves are slightly smaller allowing production in smaller containers as well as providing a nice texture in the landscape.
- Deer and rabbit resistant; frost tolerant.
- Produces bright blue flowers in Spring.
Protection Information : PPAF
(Flowering Only License)
Breeder : Darwin Perennials
Nights: 50 to 55°F (10 to 13°C) Days: 60 to 65°F (16 to 18°C)
1,500 to 2,500
Yes, required for flowering, however, plants sell as foliage.
Day length neutral
Allow media to dry slightly between watering.
Use a balanced fertilizer at a rate of 100 to 125 ppm.
PGRs generally not needed
Pythium and rhizoctonia can result from overwatering.
April to May
Download Culture Guide