Scientific Name : Digitalis hybrida
Common Name : Foxglove
Hardiness Zone : 7a - 10b
Hardiness Degree : 0°F (-18°C)
Blooming Season : Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer, Spring
Plant Habit : Upright
Water : Medium
Fertilizer : Once a month
Spacing : 20 - 22" (51 - 56cm)
Height : 22 - 24" (56 - 61cm)
Width : 18 - 20" (46 - 51cm)
Exposure : Sun
General Information : Makes a great focal point in gardens and containers with bold colours. Flowers face outward for better show and bloom all Summer long.
Idea & Tips : Best used in sun to part shade in the garden or patio containers.
- Three bold novelty colors boost retail appeal and drive impulse sales.
- Lower input costs provide greater profit margin at wholesale and retail.
- First-year-flowering perennial needs no bulking for full plants.
- More compact than competing varieties, with deeper green foliage.
- Blooms all Summer long, with outward-facing flowers for better retail show.
Protection Information : CPBR5341; EU46514; PP26,586
(Flowering Only License)
Breeder : Darwin Perennials
EC 0.75-0.80 mmhos/pH 6.0-6.4
1,000 ppm IBA basal dip
Low to moderate
50-75 ppm N
Not typical in propagation.
42-49 days after sticking
Nights: 55 to 60°F (13 to 16°C) Days: 60 to 65°F (16 to 18°C)
3,000 to 5,000
Beneficial; needed for early flowering. Not needed for Summer flowering.
Long day facultative
Allow media to dry moderately between watering.
Use a balanced fertilizer at a rate of 125 to 150 ppm.
PGRs generally not needed
Aphids, White fly, Spider mites
Download Culture Guide