Scientific Name : Gaillardia x grandiflora
Common Name : Blanket Flower
Hardiness Zone : 5a - 10b
Hardiness Degree : 0°F (-18°C)
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring
Plant Habit : Upright
Characteristics : Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Water : Light
Fertilizer : Every two weeks
Spacing : 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Height : 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Width : 20 - 22" (51 - 56cm)
Exposure : Sun
General Information : Very drought tolerant once established, Mesa shows intense, non-fading colour all season on upright, well-branched plants that perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.
Idea & Tips : Very drought tolerant once established. Intense, non-fading colour. Upright, well-branched habit.
: Plug crop time:
5 to 6 weeksTransplant to finish:
11 to 13 weeks
- The first F1 gaillardia from seed puts out lots of fast colour on sturdy plants.
- Strong, early-flowering, well-branched plants fill quart and gallon containers quickly while maintaining the controlled height.
- Compared with other seed gaillardia, Mesa varieties are more uniform in habit and flowering time, for easier scheduling and shipping.
- Very drought tolerant once established, with intense, non-fading colour all season.
- Upright, well-balanced plants perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.